Peperoncino:A simple garlic and chili pasta!
Pasta 70g×３people 210ｇ
1tea spoonful of freshly grated garlic
２～３ dry hot pepper
1Large spoonful of basil
About 2 spoonful of olive oil
A pinch of salt and pepper
A pinch of Ajinomoto
How to make
- Peal the skin of the garlic and cut off the edge. Then cut the garlic into 2 or 3 pieces.
- Pour 2 spoonful of olive oil into the frying pan with 2 to 3 dry hot pepper and start heating the pan.
- When the aroma of the dry pepper is observed by the olive oil, put in the sliced garlic, and keep on stir frying.
- Put in the freshly grated garlic and keep on stir frying.
- Make sure not to turn the freshly grated garlic will not turn brown.
- The sliced garlic can turn brown.
- Turn off the gas, when the raw garlic disappears.
- Start boiling the pasta.
- Put in 1 spoonful of salt into the boiling water and check the pasta isn’t too hard or soft.
- Take out the pasta and put it in the frying pan.
- Pour a 1 ladle of boiling water into the frying pan.
- Take out the dry pepper and sprinkle 1 large spoon full of basil.
- Adjust the taste with salt and pepper and turn on the pan once again.
Point in check
Because the boiling point of olive oil is quite low, I put the ingredient in the order, dry hot pepper, sliced garlic, freshly grated garlic. If the garlic is fresh, or fresh raw chili pepper is available, you don’t have to stir fry for a long time. It is good to check the taste of the source before putting in the boiled pasta. If it is too hot put more boiled
water to make the taste a little weaker. Make sure to put the freshly grated garlic in before the sliced garlic turns brown. Also, make sure not to stir fry the freshly grated garlic too long. Check the taste of the pasta before and after, putting in the basil.
There is a way to make the pasta and sauce separately and blending the boiled water and sauce afterwards. However, since I am a beginner, I blended in them in the pan.
The taste depends on how fresh the chili pepper and garlic are. This time the sliced garlic was not so fresh, so I used freshly grated garlic to make the taste a little stronger. If you use raw fresh chili pepper it will create a hot taste. This time I used dry peppers instead. It is important to adjust the taste when you prepare the dish.